(also windfall tax)
- A tax levied on an unforeseen or unexpectedly large profit, especially one regarded to be excessive or unfairly obtained.More example sentences
- The Green Party wants to levy a windfall tax on land when it is zoned for development.
- The impact would be similar to the windfall tax Labour levied on the big privatised utilities in 1997.
- To fund improvements to such societal problems ICTU is looking for a windfall tax on profits from land rezoning as well as a review of business taxes and levies reviewed with a view to seeking higher taxes from the financial sector.
More definitions of windfall profits taxDefinition of windfall profits tax in:
- The British & World English dictionary