nounBritish • dialect
- A kestrel.More example sentences
- Instead it is a favorite of morning, a little brown-grey falcon, called the windhover because, hurling itself headlong into the wind, it rides on the crest of that wind.
- It has also been called grasshopper hawk, killy hawk, house hawk, rusty-crowned falcon, and windhover.
- There is some question about the accuracy of these figures because it is possible that the windhovers migrate down to the lowlands in extreme winters.
More definitions of windhoverDefinition of windhover in:
- The British & World English dictionary