noun (plural windigos or windigoes)
- (In the folklore of some northern Algonquian peoples) a cannibalistic giant; a person who has been transformed into a monster by the consumption of human flesh.More example sentences
- In the depths of the winter, the windigo seeks to feast on human flesh.
- Manjimanidoo or evil spirits existed; windigos were especially terrifying spirits who dwelled within lakes and practiced cannibalism.
- I must see a traveling paper, then you may come stay the night with us so as you will be safe from the wendigos.
More definitions of windigoDefinition of windigo in:
- The British & World English dictionary