Definition of wing oyster in English:
An edible marine bivalve mollusk with a fragile flattened shell, the hinge of which bears winglike projections.
- Family Pteridae: Pteria and other genera
- The superstructure is covered in wing oysters.
- The Mabe oyster is a penguin wing oyster that produces blister pearls with better luster, iridescence, and color than other species.
- Fringing the rocks are sea whips with wing oysters clinging to them.
Definition of wing oyster in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan