Definition of wing tip in English:
1The tip of the wing of an aircraft, bird, or other animal.
- We flew through overcasts in formation, wing tip to wing tip, coming out on top to see a beautiful white blanket brightened by the blazing sun.
- It was common practice to find a ladder at the wing tip of the aircraft, as well as a fire bottle and some AGE equipment.
- These tail fin tip vortices have been interpreted to be analogous to wing tip vortices of aircraft.
2North American A shoe with a toe cap having a backward extending point and curving sides, resembling the shape of a wing.
- I watched, in mute fascination, as the black wingtip shoe sliced through the air.
- As if to reassure myself, I glanced down at my school uniform: at the polished black wingtip shoes, the freshly ironed khaki trousers, the crisp white button-down shirt, the silk navy colored tie, and the sharp navy colored suit jacket.
- Ray was, of course, dressed in the standard Gordon Bailey uniform: white button down shirt, navy suit jacket, navy tie, khaki trousers, black wingtip shoes.
Definition of wing tip in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan