Definition of wing tip in English:
1The tip of the wing of an aircraft, bird, or other animal.
- We flew through overcasts in formation, wing tip to wing tip, coming out on top to see a beautiful white blanket brightened by the blazing sun.
- It was common practice to find a ladder at the wing tip of the aircraft, as well as a fire bottle and some AGE equipment.
- These tail fin tip vortices have been interpreted to be analogous to wing tip vortices of aircraft.
2North American A shoe with a toe cap having a backward extending point and curving sides, resembling the shape of a wing.
- I watched, in mute fascination, as the black wingtip shoe sliced through the air.
- As if to reassure myself, I glanced down at my school uniform: at the polished black wingtip shoes, the freshly ironed khaki trousers, the crisp white button-down shirt, the silk navy colored tie, and the sharp navy colored suit jacket.
- Ray was, of course, dressed in the standard Gordon Bailey uniform: white button down shirt, navy suit jacket, navy tie, khaki trousers, black wingtip shoes.
Definition of wing tip in:
- British & World English dictionary