Definition of winter cherry in English:
A plant of the nightshade family, with cherrylike fruit that ripens in winter.
- Several species in the family Solanaceae, in particular Physalis alkekengi, the Chinese lantern plant
- For a more formal approach to home decorating, Carter is a big fan of miniature tree-like plants such as New Zealand tea trees, winter cherries and Japanese spindle.
- Withania somnifera, also known as ashwagandha, Indian ginseng, and winter cherry, has been an important herb in the Ayurvedic and indigenous medical systems for over 3000 years.
- Also known in English as winter cherry, Ashwagandha is one of the most highly valuable herb in the Ayurvedic medical system.
Definition of winter cherry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia