A plant of the nightshade family, with cherrylike fruit that ripens in winter.
- Several species in the family Solanaceae, in particular Physalis alkekengi, the Chinese lantern plant
More example sentences
- For a more formal approach to home decorating, Carter is a big fan of miniature tree-like plants such as New Zealand tea trees, winter cherries and Japanese spindle.
- Withania somnifera, also known as ashwagandha, Indian ginseng, and winter cherry, has been an important herb in the Ayurvedic and indigenous medical systems for over 3000 years.
- Also known in English as winter cherry, Ashwagandha is one of the most highly valuable herb in the Ayurvedic medical system.
Definition of winter cherry in:
- The British & World English dictionary