Definition of winter cress in English:
A bitter-tasting cress of north temperate regions.
- Genus Barbarea, family Brassicaceae: several species, in particular B. vulgaris
- Like other members of the mustard family, common winter cress has served as a source of greens.
- Here he presents six recipes for winter cress, including Winter Cress Kimchi and Winter Cress Potato Soup.
- The bitterness of some greens such as winter cress and dandelion can be offset by cooking them with milder plants.
Definition of winter cress in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.