A bitter-tasting cress of north temperate regions.
- Genus Barbarea, family Brassicaceae: several species, in particular B. vulgaris
More example sentences
- Like other members of the mustard family, common winter cress has served as a source of greens.
- Here he presents six recipes for winter cress, including Winter Cress Kimchi and Winter Cress Potato Soup.
- The bitterness of some greens such as winter cress and dandelion can be offset by cooking them with milder plants.
Definition of winter cress in:
- The British & World English dictionary