- A stream, typically on chalk or limestone, that flows only after wet weather.More example sentences
- The ecology of true winterbournes results from their transient nature and information on their ecology is limited.
- Exceptional periods of rain can cause groundwater flooding from springs and winterbournes which inundate roads and overwhelm drainage systems.
- The winterbournes were flowing from the chalk uplands of Wessex.
More definitions of winterbourneDefinition of winterbourne in:
- The British & World English dictionary