Definition of winterize in English:
verb[with object] (usually be winterized) chiefly North American
Adapt or prepare (something, especially a house or an automobile) for use in cold weather: a waterfront cottage that Dixon had winterized
More example sentences
- With cold weather approaching, it's time to winterize your home.
- Colyer's house was winterized, making it possible for Kensett to paint there throughout the year.
- I'll be traveling during the winter months and want to winterize my home.
- Example sentences
- With that realization, the push for facility winterization and year-round programming began.
- This is for winterization of your pond and works in water temperature under 55°F. It will help to decompose the leaves, scum, sediment, and other organic matter during fall and winter.
- Trying to get reliable information on winterization and sparring with marinas about what services I had to purchase and what I could do myself was more hassle than it was worth.
Definition of winterize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan