verb[with object] (usually be winterized) chiefly North American
- Adapt or prepare (something, especially a house or an automobile) for use in cold weather: a waterfront cottage that Dixon had winterizedMore example sentences
- With cold weather approaching, it's time to winterize your home.
- Colyer's house was winterized, making it possible for Kensett to paint there throughout the year.
- I'll be traveling during the winter months and want to winterize my home.
- More example sentences
- With that realization, the push for facility winterization and year-round programming began.
- This is for winterization of your pond and works in water temperature under 55°F. It will help to decompose the leaves, scum, sediment, and other organic matter during fall and winter.
- Trying to get reliable information on winterization and sparring with marinas about what services I had to purchase and what I could do myself was more hassle than it was worth.
More definitions of winterizeDefinition of winterize in:
- The British & World English dictionary