Definition of wipe someone out in English:
1Kill a large number of people: the plague had wiped out whole villages
More example sentences
- If we don't co-operate with them, they kill us, wipe us out of existence.
- Then we will be able to massacre them, and wipe them out while they are at their weakest.
- We don't relish the thought of destroying innocents, wiping out cultures.
2 (usually be wiped out) Ruin someone financially.
- If American Golf declared bankruptcy, he could be wiped out financially.
- Reports that Laura has wiped Bruno out financially are, says Warren, nonsense. ‘He's got plenty of money left, whatever people wrote about his divorce settlement.
- One of these lawsuits finally wiped him out financially.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan