- • informal Inflict a humiliating defeat on: they wiped the floor with us in a 36-6 winMore example sentences
- Not bad in a nation which is currently so powerful on the cricketing front that their talent-studded A team would be confident of wiping the floor with most of the other full test sides.
- And with 1500 entries and only 6 winners, I undoubtedly wiped the floor with 1493 of them, and finished 7th.
- Shot on a puny budget on the mean streets of Shepherds Bush, it wiped the floor with most British films when it was released in 2000.
More definitions of wipe the floor withDefinition of wipe the floor with in:
- The British & World English dictionary