- Forgive or forget past faults or offenses; make a fresh start.More example sentences
- It is this ability to wipe the slate clean, to forget history and all its barriers and prejudices, which is behind the attraction of new towns.
- Well, we at the Olympics have decided to forget all that, wipe the slate clean and put them to an impartial test.
- I wanted to start afresh, to wipe the slate clean and forget about the endless mother-daughter feud, and finally let go of Ellum.
More definitions of wipe the slate cleanDefinition of wipe the slate clean in:
- The British & World English dictionary