- A length of rope made from wires twisted together as strands; cable.More example sentences
- ‘We were building a girder bridge when a wire rope broke,’ he said.
- The manila rope would provide the necessary drilling motion and the wire rope, which was less expensive and more durable, would considerably reduce what was a major cost for the rig owner.
- Ore was brought down, and both the men and the easily loaded freight traveled up in buckets suspended from their wire rope cables.
More definitions of wire ropeDefinition of wire rope in:
- The British & World English dictionary