Definition of wiring in English:
1A system of wires providing electric circuits for a device or building.
- And with the need to tie into existing building wiring, the system will have to be located close to the electrical feed into the building.
- EMF exposures exist in the home and workplace as a result of electrical equipment and building wiring, and not only as a result of nearby power lines.
- The Milton Rooms' licence, which is needed before plays, shows and discos can go ahead, has been declined because the electrical wiring in the building is considered unsafe.
1.1The installation of this.
- Installation and wiring must be in compliance with local building and electrical codes.
- In about 25 percent of all homes, some type of service upgrade is needed before new wiring can be installed.
- Entry-level positions can be as nuts-and-bolts as wiring and installation, all the way to the uber-geek world of file servers and beyond.
1.2 informal The structure of the nervous system or brain perceived as determining a basic or innate pattern of behavior.
- New evidence points to production of myelin, a fatty insulation coating the brain's internal wiring, as a neural Achilles' heel early in life.
- In its own particular way, synesthesia points to yet another way that the wiring of the brain can create different ways to experience life.
- Yet, our brain's wiring hasn't changed much, and human survival responses still are triggered by the idea we are under some sort of imminent threat.
Words that rhyme with wiringfiring, retiring, uninspiring, untiring
Definition of wiring in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.