- 1(Of drink or liquid food such as soup) weak; watery.
- 1.1Feeble or insipid in quality or character; lacking strength or boldness: wishy-washy liberalismMore example sentences
- It's almost like my character is so wishy-washy that nobody believes in what I do.
- This is not the wishy-washy spiritualism that insists that it does not matter what you believe so long as you believe in something.
- Although each character's storyline is wrapped up, the climax is wishy-washy.
early 18th century: reduplication of washy.