(British witness box)
- The place in a court where a witness stands to give evidence.More example sentences
- They involve each claimant getting into the witness box and giving evidence as to what happened to them.
- His evidence in the witness box that these references to a loan were ‘ironic’ cannot be accepted.
- Yesterday, Hughes went into the witness box at Nottingham Crown Court to support his own not guilty plea.
More definitions of witness standDefinition of witness stand in:
- The British & World English dictionary