Definition of wolf spider in English:
A fast-moving ground spider that runs after and springs on its prey.
- Family Lycosidae, order Araneae
- As I watched, several kinds of ants crossed my view, followed by a tiny red mite, a sizable wolf spider, and two colorful jumping spiders.
- Scientists based in England, Denmark, New Zealand, and Israel tested a quick ground beetle, an ambushing wolf spider, and a web-building desert spider to see if they selectively forage for fat and protein.
- This wolf spider exhibited significant levels of both partial feeding and prey abandonment at high rates of encounter with prey.
Definition of wolf spider in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.