Definition of wolf spider in English:
A fast-moving ground spider that runs after and springs on its prey.
- Family Lycosidae, order Araneae
- As I watched, several kinds of ants crossed my view, followed by a tiny red mite, a sizable wolf spider, and two colorful jumping spiders.
- Scientists based in England, Denmark, New Zealand, and Israel tested a quick ground beetle, an ambushing wolf spider, and a web-building desert spider to see if they selectively forage for fat and protein.
- This wolf spider exhibited significant levels of both partial feeding and prey abandonment at high rates of encounter with prey.
Definition of wolf spider in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia