- A black or brown mineral that is the chief ore of tungsten. It consists of a tungstate of iron and manganese.More example sentences
- It occurs most commonly in the minerals scheelite (calcium tungstate) and wolframite (iron manganese tungstate WO 4).
- Minerals such as wolframite, arsenopyrite, fluorite, and quartz are well known from this mine.
- A greisen is a quartz - mica aggregate containing significant amounts of cassiterite, wolframite, fluorite, topaz, rutile, and tourmaline.
More definitions of wolframiteDefinition of wolframite in:
- The British & World English dictionary