- Crude methanol made by distillation from wood.More example sentences
- Methanol is poisonous wood alcohol and its neurotoxic presence in 9,000 products is even causing cirrhosis of the liver in 9-year-olds, an entire new disease called NASH, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
- For example, methanol, or wood alcohol, can spontaneously become formaldehyde, while phenylalanine can decompose into diketopiperazine, which is a carcinogen.
- The counterfeit vodka was contaminated with methanol, an industrial wood alcohol more commonly used in anti-freeze and paint thinners, which could present a major health risk to anyone drinking it.
More definitions of wood alcoholDefinition of wood alcohol in:
- The British & World English dictionary