Definition of wood duck in English:
A tree-nesting North American duck, the male of which has brightly colored plumage. Also called Carolina duck.
- Aix sponsa, family Anatidae
- The wood duck was joined by Mallard and American Black Duck, as well as the usual Great Egret, Double-crested Cormorant, Canada Goose, and Mute Swan.
- Specialties here include the magnificent hooded merganser, the rainbow-coloured wood duck, as well as lesser scaup, bufflehead and common goldeneye.
- As we stroll on, we hear ovenbirds, see a towhee in the brush, and, down at Lake Perez, see a wood duck, tree swallows, a pair of spotted sandpipers, an osprey, and quite possibly the fattest robin I've ever seen.
Definition of wood duck in:
- British & World English dictionary