noun (plural wood lice)
- A small terrestrial crustacean with a grayish segmented body and seven pairs of legs, living in damp habitats.
More example sentences
- Oniscus and other genera, order Isopoda
- These tireless toilers of the soil include such creatures as the earthworms, woodlice and millipedes.
- The main detritivore taxa were woodlice, millipedes, insects, and gastropods.
- In 1890, Dubois confirmed that blinded salamanders displayed an aversion to shorter wavelengths of light, and. in 1895, Finsen extended the results to frogs, earthworms, woodlice, beetles and flies.