Definition of wood mushroom in English:
An edible mushroom with a white cap and brown gills, smelling strongly of aniseed and found in woodland in both Eurasia and North America.
- Agaricus silvicola, family Agaricaceae, class Hymenomycetes
- Close relations of the field mushroom include A. arvensis, the horse mushroom; A. silvaticus, the wood mushroom; and A. augustus, the prince.
- I delight in her new images, particularly the sly one with a wood mushroom and flower.
- But the dish itself - with the hen and the apricot sauce and the wood mushrooms - was, again, heavenly.
Definition of wood mushroom in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan