Definition of wood pigeon in English:
A large Eurasian and African pigeon with mainly gray plumage, using wing claps in display flight.
- Genus Columba, family Columbidae: several species, in particular the widespread C. palumbus (also called ringdove)
- Until recently, winter nesting in British birds has been very rare beyond a handful of species that include the wood pigeon, feral pigeon, and collared dove.
- In this area you may see the brown creeper, tomtit, robin, bellbird, rifleman, wood pigeon, falcon and kea.
- The bush has abundant bird life, including the bellbird, tomtit, rifleman, wood pigeon and grey warbler.
Definition of wood pigeon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia