Definition of wood pigeon in English:
A large Eurasian and African pigeon with mainly gray plumage, using wing claps in display flight.
- Genus Columba, family Columbidae: several species, in particular the widespread C. palumbus (also called ringdove)
- Until recently, winter nesting in British birds has been very rare beyond a handful of species that include the wood pigeon, feral pigeon, and collared dove.
- In this area you may see the brown creeper, tomtit, robin, bellbird, rifleman, wood pigeon, falcon and kea.
- The bush has abundant bird life, including the bellbird, tomtit, rifleman, wood pigeon and grey warbler.
Words that rhyme with wood pigeonstool pigeon • origin
Definition of wood pigeon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.