Definition of wood thrush in English:
A thrush of eastern North America, with a brown back, rufous head, and dark-spotted white breast, and a loud liquid song.
- Hylocichla mustelina, subfamily Turdinae, family Muscicapidae
- How often I have longed to hear the hermit thrush, wood thrush and veery blend their ethereal voices together again!
- The wood thrush's song consists of several phrases, variations on his basic ee-o-lay theme, in quality like a flute but richer, not airy.
- The wood thrush breeds in the eastern United States and southeastern Canada, and winters from central Mexico to Panama.
Definition of wood thrush in:
- British & World English dictionary