Definition of wood warbler in English:
1A migratory European leaf warbler found in woodlands, with plaintive calls and a trilling song.
- Phylloscopus sibilatrix, family Sylviidae
- On arrival here, the male wood warbler quickly advertises his presence; the highly distinctive song may be heard from dawn until dusk for weeks at a time.
- The woods are full of birds, and top attractions are the pied flycatcher, spotted flycatcher, tree pipit, wood warbler and redstart.
- We saw a Yellow-breasted Chat, a large wood warbler (the largest, in fact) that looks a lot like an American Robin.
Definition of wood warbler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.