- A small European and North African lark with a short tail and melodious song, frequenting open ground with scattered trees.
More example sentences
- Lullula arborea, family Alaudidae
- The Thames Basin Heaths proposed SPA, taken as a whole, supports an estimated 8%, 10% and 28% respectively of the GB breeding populations of (nightjar, woodlark and Dartford warbler).
- Along with the loss of heather and cottongrass, birds such as the nightjar, woodlark and stone curlew and animals including the adder, grass snake, and viviparous lizard have been put at risk.
- Mr Krause said an increase in heathland generally would increase the county's population of adders, rare butterflies, such as the Green Hairstreak and Purple Hairstreak, as well as nightjars and woodlarks.
More definitions of woodlarkDefinition of woodlark in:
- The British & World English dictionary