noun (plural woodmen)chiefly • historical
- A person working in woodland, especially a forester or woodcutter.More example sentences
- Almost to the edge of the forest they went again and came to a woodmen's village.
- I remembered the ring of the woodman's axe in the forests at home, and wished for a few long-sided Green Mountain boys.
- The same Donald Stewart accusation is indicated in The Dewar Manuscripts, a collection of stories gathered by John Dewar, a woodman and meticulous recorder of tales a century later.
More definitions of woodmanDefinition of woodman in:
- The British & World English dictionary