Definition of woodrush in English:
A grasslike plant that typically has long flat leaves fringed with long hairs.
- Genus Luzula, family Juncaceae: many species
- Violets, woodrushes, Silene, Lychnis, periwinkles and Alchemilla mollis are all plants that will thrive in the dry, shady conditions provided by the hedge, and for a splash of colour I could use climbing nasturtiums or morning glory.
- Honeysuckle, fraochan, wood sorrel, bugle, blue-bell, few-flowered woodrush, royal fern, hay-scented buckler fern and foxglove all occur on the forest floor along with numerous mosses and liverworts.
- Birch, alder, ash and hazel line the path, and the Grotaig Burn forms a steep-sided gorge for part of the way, the sides of which are covered with ferns and woodrush.
Words that rhyme with woodrushbulrush • uprush
Definition of woodrush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.