- The action of shaping wood with a lathe.More example sentences
- Basketmaking, woodturning, buttermaking and needlework are among the many craft and heritage practices on show during the day also.
- He will exhibit a selection of woodcarvings and woodturning in Castlecomer Library until October 16.
- During the day on Saturday, there is a display of traditional crafts in Gurteen village i.e. basket making, woodturning, butter making and many more.
- More example sentences
- A woodturner needs a lathe and some basic tools.
- There are potters, goldsmiths, textile artists, glass workers, painters, sculptors, woodturners and more.
- The work is mostly in native Irish hardwoods but some local woodturners use more exotic timber like the Pua Rosa and the Brazilian purple heart.
More definitions of woodturningDefinition of woodturning in:
- The British & World English dictionary