The wooden parts of a room or building, such as window frames or doors: the woodwork was painted blue
More example sentences
- Got home to find my windows sparkly white and some paint on the polished woodwork of my front door.
- However, small children have been known to incur health problems by ingesting loose chips of lead paint or by teething on painted woodwork, such as windowsills.
- Use your angular brush on woodwork and window frames, your trim brush on corners and edges.
come out of the woodwork
- (Of an unpleasant person or thing) emerge from obscurity; be revealed.Example sentences
- And another thing - you should have seen all the obscure relatives that came out of the woodwork for this funeral.
- But there's also a very interesting phenomenon occurring here, and that is as we continue to evacuate people out of the Superdome, we're finding more and more people coming out of the woodwork, so to speak.
- But I started dealing in them and found collectors just coming out of the woodwork.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.