- A person who buys wool from a producer, grades it, and sells it to a manufacturer.More example sentences
- Every eight miles or so was the country town, where lawyer, corn merchant, wool-stapler, saddler, veterinary surgeon, doctor, draper, milliner and so forth lived.
- In 1822, his father Daniel could afford to leave the farm and start his own business in Bradford as a wool-stapler.
- Lewes Wool Fair - On Friday last, the annual fair for the sale of wool was held at Lewes, in Sussex, and was well attended by numbers of the most respectable wool-staplers from London and elsewhere, and by the farmers of the eastern division of the county.
More definitions of wool-staplerDefinition of wool-stapler in:
- The British & World English dictionary