Definition of woolly rhinoceros in English:
An extinct two-horned Eurasian rhinoceros that was adapted to the cold periods of the Pleistocene, with a long woolly coat.
- Genus Coelodonta, family Rhinocerotidae
- The preserve, dubbed Pleistocene Park, could feature not only mammoths, but also extinct species of deer, woolly rhinoceroses, and even saber-toothed cats, he said.
- For example, the woolly rhinoceros, giant deer, the moose-like giraffe shown in the slide, and the cave bear were found only in Eurasia and Africa.
- The bones of mammoth, woolly rhinoceros, lion, bison, and great Irish elk were found.
Definition of woolly rhinoceros in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan