An extinct two-horned Eurasian rhinoceros that was adapted to the cold periods of the Pleistocene, with a long woolly coat.
- Genus Coelodonta, family Rhinocerotidae
More example sentences
- The preserve, dubbed Pleistocene Park, could feature not only mammoths, but also extinct species of deer, woolly rhinoceroses, and even saber-toothed cats, he said.
- For example, the woolly rhinoceros, giant deer, the moose-like giraffe shown in the slide, and the cave bear were found only in Eurasia and Africa.
- The bones of mammoth, woolly rhinoceros, lion, bison, and great Irish elk were found.
Definition of woolly rhinoceros in:
- The British & World English dictionary