Definition of woolly spider monkey in English:
A large spider monkey with long thin limbs and tail, dense woolly fur, and a large protruding belly, native to the rain forests of southeastern Brazil.
- Brachyteles arachnoides, family Cebidae
- My field work has involved observations of the dietary behavior of various species of howler monkeys, spider monkeys, capuchins and tamarins as well as woolly spider monkeys.
- The pelage of the woolly spider monkey is short and dense, but their limbs are long and slender.
- The woolly spider monkey, or muriqui, is the largest nonhuman primate living in the New World.
Definition of woolly spider monkey in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.