Definition of woolly spider monkey in English:
A large spider monkey with long thin limbs and tail, dense woolly fur, and a large protruding belly, native to the rain forests of southeastern Brazil.
- Brachyteles arachnoides, family Cebidae
- My field work has involved observations of the dietary behavior of various species of howler monkeys, spider monkeys, capuchins and tamarins as well as woolly spider monkeys.
- The pelage of the woolly spider monkey is short and dense, but their limbs are long and slender.
- The woolly spider monkey, or muriqui, is the largest nonhuman primate living in the New World.
Definition of woolly spider monkey in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan