- An Australian eucalyptus with thick fibrous bark.
More example sentences
- Several species in the genus Eucalyptus, family Myrtaceae
- Dramatically, single species emerge, like alpine ash, and the woollybutts that are signposts of regular winter snow.
- In the more dense woodland away from the coastline, stands of the distinctive Kentia Palms which reach for the sky among the stringybarks and woollybutts.
- If the woollybutts are also pruned early and the foster species thinned at mid rotation, interesting fat logs could be grown in medium rotations.
More definitions of woollybuttDefinition of woollybutt in:
- The British & World English dictionary