Definition of woollybutt in English:
An Australian eucalyptus with thick fibrous bark.
- Several species in the genus Eucalyptus, family Myrtaceae
- Dramatically, single species emerge, like alpine ash, and the woollybutts that are signposts of regular winter snow.
- In the more dense woodland away from the coastline, stands of the distinctive Kentia Palms which reach for the sky among the stringybarks and woollybutts.
- If the woollybutts are also pruned early and the foster species thinned at mid rotation, interesting fat logs could be grown in medium rotations.
Definition of woollybutt in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan