- 1A camp at which community work is done, especially by young volunteers.More example sentences
- My stay there consisted of hanging out with the locals, volunteering in a turtle work camp, napping on a hammock and having a load of super curious, friendly and sweaty kids hanging on my limbs.
- The volunteers are working on a 1.8 kilometre part of the route at a work camp near Cricklade, which is organised by sustainable transport charity Sustrans.
- The two-week work camp also involved learning practical living skills and habits like bodily hygiene and social rules, Tolchard said.
- 1.1 another term for labor camp.More example sentences
- Based on that sign, I'd say this was a prison work camp.
- Lewis was sentenced on December 1 to three years in a federal prison work camp on six counts of money-laundering charges.
- He's serving a 6-year sentence at a federal work camp in Yankton, S.D.
More definitions of work campDefinition of work camp in:
- The British & World English dictionary