Definition of workgroup in English:
1A group within a workforce that normally works together.
- Victims were generally located within the main work group and sometimes identified as ‘stars’ who received the most nominations from fellow team members as preferred people to work with.
- Discursive assessments are a valuable source for supervisors and senior managers to learn ‘what really goes on’ within a work group, a type of information that is not likely to be captured in any kind of documentary assessment.
- When this originates from within the struggling work group, there is often greater commitment to the solution.
1.1 Computing A group that shares data via a local network.
- This will enable rival vendors to develop products that can compete on a level playing field in the work group server operating system market.
- Workers can tap into their e-mail messages, calendar, work group and other software using a Web browser.
- I have a home network running over DSL, and I want to host an FTP server so I can allow archiving and retrieval of files for my work group.
Definition of workgroup in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan