1A desktop computer terminal, typically networked and more powerful than a personal computer.
- The Dell range of products includes personal computers, workstations, laptops, file servers, storage devices and, recently, printers.
- To avoid booting from floppy disks, the workstations needed bootable network cards.
- This kind of computing can transform a local network of workstations into a virtual supercomputer.
2An area where work of a particular nature is carried out, such as a specific location on a manufacturing assembly line.
- It occupies an area of 600 square metres and covers the 11 workstations that assemble and fit the injection system.
- Most of the 60 million Euro investment paid for 44 robots in the body shop and a new assembly line with 50 workstations.
- Glass walls around the collaborative area and low partitioned workstations allow for plenty of natural light.
Definition of workstation in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.