- 1chiefly US A diagnostic examination of a patient: a full neurological workupMore example sentences
- The patient underwent a diagnostic workup that included a colonoscopy and computed tomographic scan.
- We present a case in which the pressure-volume (P-V) curve proved invaluable in the diagnostic workup of a patient.
- The patient underwent a staging workup that included computed tomography scans of the chest and abdomen and bilateral bone marrow biopsies and aspirates.
- 1.1 Chemistry A series of experimental procedures carried out to separate and purify substances for analysis.More example sentences
- Hydrophobic integral membrane proteins are prone to sample losses during the workup and analysis.
- After workup, the yield of Xe - C 60 is roughly 0.3%.
- In this latter situation, molecular analysis should be part of a routine workup for a suspected malignant process.
- 2(In a military context) a period of training or preparation, typically for a specific operation: an intensive predeployment workupMore example sentences
- The period culminated in a workup and operational readiness evaluation that took place in the Northern Australia exercise area in October.
- He will allow them to plan and cost fleet activities such as maintenance, workups and operations, as well as identify the cost of alternative schedules.
- He said he had a busy schedule ahead, starting with an operational workup.
More definitions of workupDefinition of workup in:
- The British & World English dictionary