- A country that has significant influence in international affairs.More example sentences
- The rise of the United States as a world power after 1945 was of paramount importance in international politics.
- India in particular is a world power in its own right, rivalling the EU in influence.
- Emperor Meiji initiated instituted wide sweeping political, civil and social reforms which transformed Japan into a significant world power.
More definitions of world powerDefinition of world power in:
- The British & World English dictionary