Definition of world-weary in English:
Feeling or indicating feelings of weariness, boredom, or cynicism as a result of long experience of life: their world-weary, cynical talk
More example sentences
- Lengthy bonding scenes follow in which, inevitably, the hardened, world-weary, cynical bodyguard learns to love the winsome little blonde.
- Replace it with despair, or with a world-weary cynicism.
- Her boss, Keith, is a world-weary figure whose vast experience is matched by his ineffectiveness.
- Example sentences
- He has a childlike wonderment rarely glimpsed among industry-dominated modern music, but he plays this off against a frail world-weariness.
- And yesterday morning, it was in a state of shock, confusion and world-weariness that the firefighters returned to the picket lines.
- Circumspection and world-weariness can come later.
Definition of world-weary in:
- British & World English dictionary