Definition of worldly-wise in English:
Prepared by experience for life’s difficulties; not easily shocked or deceived: Lisa was sufficiently worldly-wise to understand the situation
More example sentences
- Their recovery periods are a lot quicker and they are a lot more mature and worldly-wise.
- It also appeals to defeatists, cynics, and worldly-wise men who are not prepared to try to change the system.
- These guards were surely worldly-wise and shrewd, but they were clearly not educated to the same degree as the scribes and Pharisees.
worldly wisdom noun
- Example sentences
- Many consider worldly wisdom and godly wisdom incompatible.
- Of course socializing is no problem here, since people are drawn to that magnetic personality, worldly wisdom, and sensitivity.
- The youngsters coming into the IT industry have little of worldly wisdom.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia