Prepared by experience for life’s difficulties; not easily shocked or deceived: Lisa was sufficiently worldly-wise to understand the situation
More example sentences
- Their recovery periods are a lot quicker and they are a lot more mature and worldly-wise.
- It also appeals to defeatists, cynics, and worldly-wise men who are not prepared to try to change the system.
- These guards were surely worldly-wise and shrewd, but they were clearly not educated to the same degree as the scribes and Pharisees.
worldly wisdom noun
- More example sentences
- Many consider worldly wisdom and godly wisdom incompatible.
- Of course socializing is no problem here, since people are drawn to that magnetic personality, worldly wisdom, and sensitivity.
- The youngsters coming into the IT industry have little of worldly wisdom.