Definition of wormseed in English:
A plant whose seeds have anthelmintic properties.
- ● (also Levant wormseed) Santonica. ● (also American wormseed) An American plant of the goosefoot family (Chenopodium ambrosioides, family Chenopodiaceae).
- He says that the impression that wormseed oil is produced from a wild herb of that name is misleading.
- One of the farmers in southern Carroll County who raised wormseed was Larry Haines, now a state senator.
- Most of the wormseed of commerce comes from the steppes of the northern portion of Turkestan whence it finds its way to Moscow and Western Europe.
Definition of wormseed in:
- British & World English dictionary