Definition of wormseed in English:
A plant whose seeds have anthelmintic properties.
- ● (also Levant wormseed) Santonica. ● (also American wormseed) An American plant of the goosefoot family (Chenopodium ambrosioides, family Chenopodiaceae).
- He says that the impression that wormseed oil is produced from a wild herb of that name is misleading.
- One of the farmers in southern Carroll County who raised wormseed was Larry Haines, now a state senator.
- Most of the wormseed of commerce comes from the steppes of the northern portion of Turkestan whence it finds its way to Moscow and Western Europe.
Definition of wormseed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan