adjectivechiefly North American
Causing anxiety or concern: a worrisome problem
More example sentences
- It's not a tremendously worrisome problem, but it is an area he'll likely focus on this summer.
- The whole notion of bilingual education in this context becomes problematic and worrisome.
- Sure, it really is worrisome, because it is clear that the situation has gotten very tense there.
- Example sentences
- But as he goes on, this idea tends to take on worrisomely subversive overtones as he tries to make the case that it's essentially tricking people into learning.
- Something silly was about to happen and Henry drifted worrisomely back into a negotiating team caucus where they were all arguing in concentric circles about something incomprehensible and foolish.
- But to longtime Portlanders, housing costs are worrisomely high.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.