Definition of wrangler in English:
1North American A person in charge of horses or other livestock on a ranch.
- He and a dozen other Alisal Guest Ranch wranglers have only a couple of hours to catch and saddle 63 horses for guests going on this morning's breakfast ride.
- With two wranglers and six horses all we needed now were reservations!
- A ‘lunger,’ his tuberculosis kept him from active fighting in the Civil War but he served as a horse wrangler.
1.1A person who trains and takes care of the animals used in a movie.
- Behind all those cute animals performing amazing acts in films there are animal wranglers like Mark Dumas, who trains bears, and Jim Chubb and his big cats.
- A former pro rodeo cowboy, these days he works primarily as an animal coordinator for films, supervising other wranglers and setting up stunts, shots etc.
- A judge has ruled against a film company that sought damages from an animal wrangler after her mule failed to cooperate while filming.
2A person engaging in a lengthy and complicated quarrel or dispute.
- The wrangler has no hypothesis to establish or no concern for truth but the only aim is to create doubt regarding well established facts.
- He is not a wrangler, nor quarrelsome, and keeps himself out of all kinds of mischief, which other boys run into.
- Without such exercise, and good sense over and above, a man who has studied logic all his life may, after all, be only a petulant wrangler, without true judgment or skill of reasoning in any science.
Words that rhyme with wranglerangler, dangler, strangler
Definition of wrangler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.