Definition of wristband in English:
1.1A small strap or bracelet, especially one used for identification or as a fashion item.
- I slip on my black and gold wristband onto my right wrist and five blue, thin bracelets on my left wrist.
- The first two have wide wristbands while the other has quite a narrow strap.
- With the laptop, they can look up what drugs the patient is to receive, then run the scanner over bar codes printed on the medication packages and the patient's wristband to make sure they match up.
1.2A strip of absorbent material worn during sports or strenuous exercise to soak up sweat.
- On her left wrist she had two black laces like the other one on her right and a white thick sports wristband.
- Then utilize the strap as a necklace or wristband and put it on an hour before the gym, wear it during training, and then remove it one hour after you have completed your workout!
- A craze sweeping the nation is to sport a yellow wristband known as ‘Livestrong’, a trend started by champion cyclist Lance Armstrong.
1.3The cuff of a shirt or blouse.
- The women wear embroidered white blouses, red wristbands, and heavy dark wraps around their shoulders and skirts.
- At the show's end, the sweaty lad in the Brunei Polo Club shirt had pushed his wristband tight up his forearm, as if it were the sleeve of a blazer.
- The Taiko costume - black shirt and pants, white tabis, black wristbands, a pink sash around the waist, and, for the boys, a pink turban-like headdress - was next to impossible to put on without help.
Words that rhyme with wristbandwaistband • waveband
Definition of wristband in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.