- An orange-yellow mineral consisting of a molybdate of lead, typically occurring as tabular crystals.More example sentences
- The number, size, and perfection of flashy minerals such as wulfenite, rhodochrosite, and azurite coupled with their localities can be used to gauge dollars spent and perhaps the age of the collection.
- Although anglesite and cerussite are found at Loudville, the two most sought-after minerals are pyromorphite and wulfenite.
- Tiny pyromorphite crystals associated with wulfenite have been found in road cuts near Cranston, Rhode Island.
mid 19th century: from the name of F. X. von Wulfen (1728–1805), Austrian scientist, + -ite1.
More definitions of wulfeniteDefinition of wulfenite in:
- The British & World English dictionary