- A mineral consisting of zinc sulfide, typically occurring as brownish-black pyramidal crystals.More example sentences
- Barite, sphalerite, and calcite are the most abundant vein minerals; pyrite, kaolinite, chalcopyrite, galena, and wurtzite are less common.
- Vein minerals are barite, calcite, chalcopyrite, kaolinite, pyrite, sphalerite, and wurtzite.
- The Yaogangxian mine is a world-class locality for not only fluorite but also for arsenopyrite, bournonite, stannite, wurtzite, and ferberite.
mid 19th century: from the name of Charles A. Wurtz (1817–84), French chemist, + -ite1.
More definitions of wurtziteDefinition of wurtzite in:
- The British & World English dictionary