- A weak or ineffectual person (often used as a general term of abuse).More example sentences
- Only wimps and wusses blamed their misfortune on others - real men made their own fortune.
- Boys who don't conform are ridiculed, called wimps and wusses.
- Call me a wimp and a wuss if you want to, but I could picture him in my head, and I couldn't talk to him.
- More example sentences
- He may look imposing here, but he's actually quite wussy.
- You'll run the risk of looking and feeling weak and wussy.
- As things stand, the voters seem to regard the concept as outmoded, a bit wussy, and definitely non-core.
late 20th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of wussDefinition of wuss in:
- The British & World English dictionary