Entry from British & World English dictionary
More definitions of wuxiaDefinition of wuxia in:
- The British & World English dictionary
- A genre of Chinese fiction or film dealing with martial arts, sorcery, and chivalry.More example sentences
- Also, there's a whole non-combat side to Weapons of the Gods that is basically absent from Wuxia.
- Those Chinese martial art things are called Wuxia in Chinese.
- If you don't see too many penetrations or blood flowing it is because Kim is using concepts from the early Wuxias before the kung fu revolution.
from Chinese wuxia, from wu 'martial art' + xia 'warrior'.