- Relating to or denoting a substance, typically a synthetic chemical, that is foreign to the body or to an ecological system.More example sentences
- One of the effects of flavonoids is the ability to modulate xenobiotic metabolism.
- One of the important functions of macrophages is to scavenge xenobiotic substances.
- With this in mind, the inactivation of mycotoxins in the body should parallel aspects of xenobiotic detoxification.
noun(usually xenobiotics) Back to top
- Substances that are foreign to the body or to an ecological system.More example sentences
- The upper part, in contact with the air, can be treated with xenobiotics via a donor chamber.
- Metabolism of xenobiotics plays an important role in chemical carcinogenesis.
- Individual variation exists in absorption, metabolism, and excretion rates of xenobiotics.
More definitions of xenobioticDefinition of xenobiotic in:
- The British & World English dictionary