Relating to or denoting a substance, typically a synthetic chemical, that is foreign to the body or to an ecological system.
- One of the effects of flavonoids is the ability to modulate xenobiotic metabolism.
- One of the important functions of macrophages is to scavenge xenobiotic substances.
- With this in mind, the inactivation of mycotoxins in the body should parallel aspects of xenobiotic detoxification.
Substances that are foreign to the body or to an ecological system.
- The upper part, in contact with the air, can be treated with xenobiotics via a donor chamber.
- Metabolism of xenobiotics plays an important role in chemical carcinogenesis.
- Individual variation exists in absorption, metabolism, and excretion rates of xenobiotics.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of xenobiotic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.